Sunday, January 29, 2017

Blog Assignment I - Analysis

Module III

Summary

This week covered introduction to the ADDIE model for course design and development.  ADDIE is a course designing framework tool to assist in designing the best possible course by outlining all of the aspects of a great course.  The ADDIE model consists of five phases to follow to ensure that the course being designed is effective and user friendly.  These five phases are:

  • Analysis
  • Design 
  • Development
  • Implementation 
  • Evaluation
This week we focused on the first phase, analysis to begin our course outlines.  To begin, we viewed a lecture and read information relating to ADDIE, Preparing for Course Design, Personalized Learning, and designing a course outline.


Item of Interest

I have chosen to create a course involving second level French language learning because I have extensive experience with foreign languages and instruction relating to learning foreign languages as well as a passion for foreign language learning and foreign cultures.  Global collaboration would be a great tool to incorporate for this topic as it would bring students from different countries and cultures together in a learning environment.  In this digital world, collaboration, technology experience and cooperation are skills that are sought after by employers when looking at prospective employees.

Problem or Concern

Through this course, I am sure I will learn precisely how to design a course effectively but a concern I have currently is not knowing all of the aspects that go into an effective online course.  Specifically, I will need to find a way to incorporate global collaboration into my course.  Should I create Virtual Collaboration Sessions to facilitate this or would recorded sessions that are shared later be more logical?

Thank you,
Vic Lakso

4 comments:

  1. Vic,

    I think your course is going to be very interesting and can't wait to hear more about it. I do think incorporating global collaboration into the course is a great idea. I personally enjoy Virtual Collaboration Sessions. I find they are a great way to connect with students and instructors. Virtual sessions can allow students the opportunity to collaborate with one another. They will also be a good way for you to make some assessments and provide feedback. I also would recommend recording the live sessions and then posting them so the students can refer back to them. I hope my suggestion was helpful to you. I am eager to hear more about it.

    Malory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malory,
    Thank you for your suggestion and advice!
    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vic,
    Have you taken ED 408. It is all about making global connections or "flattening" your classroom. You know the different areas of the world that speak French. You could connect with different classes so that the students could teach each other "academic" language in their own languages. Synchronous and asynchronous communications would be a must. I would recommend taking ED 408 because one of the final projects is creating a global project.
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your suggestion!

    ReplyDelete