Friday, February 10, 2017

Blog Assignment III - Community and Collaboration

Module V

Summary
This week we covered creating better discussion boards and collaboration.  We also added the Course Navigation Menu to our course outlines, which I found to be rather fun.  We watched the instructional video on the ADDIE framework's Design phase.  The Design phase consists of:
  • Designing Assessments,
  • Choosing a Course Format, and
  • Creating an Instructional Strategy.
I've looked over the assessments I've planned and the objectives I have put into the outline.  As this is a work in progress, I am sure things might change or be adjusted, but for now I think it is coming along and looking good.  

Item of Interest
I have taken into consideration all of the feedback I have received in my two prior blog posts and I believe the solution to the concern about the one-minute speeches during a virtual session would be to provide opportunities during the virtual sessions for each student to speak through the microphone if they so choose, but to require an individual recorded submission from each student as an assignment rather than during the session.  That way, no one is put on the spot, students can create the recording on their time and submit it, I can listen and give feedback.  Thank you for your helpful responses.

Problem or Concern
My concern for this week is: Can I keep the format of this course as an online-only course with virtual sessions and online collaborative activities with another class, or would including a face-to-face session or two be needed?

Thank you,
Vic Lakso

2 comments:

  1. Vic,

    I do think you could keep this an online-only course with virtual sessions. However if you feel that the students would benefit from a face to face instruction you could have optional class meetings. In these meetings you could cover topics you think are important or you could have that time to answer questions the students may have. I do like that you decided to have individual recorded submissions. I think that will ease people's anxiety but still allow you to assess them.

    Malory

    ReplyDelete